Join Dr. Meg Lowman, Director of TREE Foundation, on the Amazon 2021 Citizen Science expedition to her canopy walkway site in Peru! Save these dates!
Dates: July 23 to August 1, 2021
“This is a non-stop workshop full of once-in-a-lifetime experiences.”
Unique, active, and fun! This citizen science expedition is an eye-opening introduction to the environmental and cultural aspects of the Amazon Rainforest and river system in the Amazon basin of Northern Peru. The program is safe, comfortable, and accessible, offering the opportunity for many intercultural interactions, plus science and service field experiences:
- Work side-by-side with Dr. Meg Lowman in one of the most biologically diverse ecosystems on the planet.
- Ascend over 115 feet on a 1/4-mile Rainforest Canopy Walkway, one of the few of its kind in the New World.
- Interact with indigenous people and see how they use the forest for medicine, food, and shelter.
- Contribute to a Community Service Project to benefit people who live in a village along the Amazon River.
Itinerary at a Glance
- Day 1: USA / Miami or Lima
- Day 2: Iquitos / Explorama Lodge
A.M. flight to Iquitos, Boat to Explorama Lodge | P.M. Orientation
- Day 3: Explorama Lodge
A.M. Amazon Culture & Craft Workshop | P.M. Yagua Trading, Library & Clinic Visits
- Day 4 & 5: ExplorNapo Lodge
Full Day Service Project Day in an Amazon Community | Black Water Lake Wildlife Watching | Visit ReNuPeRu Botanical Garden
- Day 6 & 7: Amazon Conservatory of Tropical Studies (ACTS)
Research at ACTS Canopy Walkway | Rainforest Explorations
- Day 8: Ceiba Tops Resort
A.M. Citizen Science Canopy Studies | P.M. Ceiba Tops Resort
- Day 9: Ceiba Tops Resort / Iquitos / U.S.A.
A.M. Visit Monkey Island & Giant Ceiba Tree | P.M. Connecting flights to USA.
- Day 10: Arrive in U.S.A.
Expedition cost is $2675 land only + roundtrip flights to Lima and Iquitos, Peru
Extend your Amazon Expedition with a visit to Machu Picchu
Contact Christa Dillabaugh at [email protected] or 1-800-626-8992 x5 to register!
Go to www.groups.ecoteach.com/amazon-treefoundation for registration and payment information. If you are a MN Master Naturalist, you can contact DC Randle at [email protected] for field program details.